Sunday, August 15, 2010

8/14, 8/15 Saturday and Sunday

SUNDAY 8/15: Visited Jubilee Church at 1:30 pm. Met up with Grace and Grace, Daisy, Christine from BC and her sister, and Bryan. Jubilee is apparently the church that Tim’s oldest brother I(Tim was a Korean singer back in the day) is pastor of, which I was surprised to learn. Service was short because they had missions teams come and share their experiences... I had to leave early to meet my uncle (finally! I wanted to meet earlier but our schedules never matched).

Grandma couldn't come, so I hope I can visit her later. I haven't learned the amount of Korean I know for nothing, I want to speak with my grandmother soooon!

I met with my uncle, aunt and cousin, which was fun. I haven't seen them in a long time. Now I'm back at the apartment after packing and cleaning. I leave for Yonsei tomorrow!!! I hope the team does well tomorrow--they will be going to different Hana Centers all around Gyeonggi Province every day this week.

Oh, and YAY Jen is going to help me move in tomorrow, and she says she is going to buy me kalbi for lunch! She takes such good care of me :) she even folds my laundry (I was going to do it but her whole family is extremely proactive)

***********************************************************************************

SATURDAY 8/14

Because I just spent the last week sleeping at 11 and waking at 6:10 am, I woke up at 7 am this morning. Which was good because I did bible study in the morning again, but I got tired around 10 am and took a nap. Sigh.

I was going to rest all day today, but Grace said she and some others from the DMZ field trip were going to meet up for dinner and a movie, so I headed over to 경복궁 at 4 pm. It was good to see everyone again! and I even met a couple new people. We ended up eating then going to Insadong, which is a really touristy place that is pretty cute. I want to go back during the day and go shopping sometime. We all had amazing mountain berry bingsoo that was sooo goooood (it had candied peanuts, normal peanuts, rice cake, chunks of fruit and berries, ice cream, sweet red bean, and ice). The oldest in our group, whom we dubbed "Ian" because he wanted an English name, brought along his girlfriend of three years and she paid for them. I still can't get used to this sunbae buying hoobae everything, but I guess I'll just express my thanks, try to not order expensive things whenever I'm out with them, and pass on the generosity. Although I'm hoping I don't meet too many hoobaes since I have no money for these things lol.

There was something being sold on the street that looks like a cocoon--the outside is made of 16,000 strands of honey that look like cobweb because they are so thin, the inside is some sort of sweet nut mixture. I don't remember the name but it was king's food back in the day. It was good--interesting texture though. A different 오빠 bought it for us all, since a pack had ten and there were eight of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment