Breakfast at 7:00. It was yummy, we had spicy pork, 조기 fish, 북어국, kimchi, rice, other 반찬... I love eating Korean food all the time!
I have to check my schedule again to be accurate about Thursday's summary, but today was the day we visited the summer home of the first president of South Korea, President Seungman Rhee, and also visited one of Kim Il Sung’s summer homes. Explanation for why his house is in South Korea, not North Korea, later.
Dinner: At a sashimi place 금강산회집, my table got very competitive and starting playing rock-paper-scissors on everything. Like who would eat the gross orange-looking oyster-ish thingy. And who would eat a fish eye taken from the soup. (I lost, I had to eat it. It was surprisingly just like a jelly, it wasn't hard or anything.) And who would eat that huge chunk of seaweed right there. Etc.
Outside the place were tanks of seafood waiting to be killed and eaten (sad). I touched two stingrays because they were just there and swimming around. Their stingers were already taken off (it must've hurt, poor things). Christine and I also tried to grab squids, they were kind of cute. :P
Discussion that night: We got into our groups and had were assigned two issues to discuss and then present in front of everyone. Ours was how can we improve the resettlement programs for the defectors arriving here, and the other was the economy of N.K. I learned a lot about this but I'll update this info later.
I felt kind of sick after dinner (boo) so I didn’t eat the snacks and drinks that were provided there, although there was lots of things I wanted to eat :(. The presentation time went really long because we started late. We ended around 11:30 pm.
Boarded the bus, went back to our rooms and again met with Wellesley team. We were all exhausted but after our meeting we met with our teams again to finalize our skit. Where do these random snacks keep popping up, I'm amazed! This meeting began around 12:30 am, I think.
After our meeting, Grace, Christine and I talked and prayed together, journaled and slept.
No comments:
Post a Comment