Tonight I will be venturing into Gangnam for a huge party that is having internationals from five schools (Korea, Ewha, Yonsei, who knows who else? Communication is unclear, as always). If we go before 10:30 we pay less so I'm going with a bunch of people at nine.
I am looking forward to this experience, because unlike the dance style in fraternities, sororities, bars and clubs, there will be no grinding or even male to female contact, ladies and gentlemen. Oh no. There won't even be much footwork going on because all the females where massive heels, so I won't even get stepped on. No, tonight will *hopefully* be just be hand raising and maybe a little moving the torso from side to side awkwardly, with no human-to-human contact. Which is great because I hate getting someone's sweat on me. I dislike my own sweat, let along someone else's sweat.
Of course, I'll be better at dancing than anyone else there... because I won't have drunk a single drop. :) And since I'm not looking for a boy, I can enjoy a good old time of just dancing to k-pop *hopefully* and techno. Woot.
_______________________________________
**One of my friends found out her aunt has cancer that has spread through her whole body. Can we keep this aunt in our prayers? The cancer is possibly beyond treatment stage, although it isn't for sure.
**Also, let's remember to keep our nation's leaders and North Korea in our minds!
________________________________________
TOMORROW
Since I don't plan on staying out too late, tomorrow I'm going to study in the morning and then I'm off to International Yonsei Community Membership Training (the infamous M.T. that is a huge part of Korean college culture.) Although, of course Membership Training is a total misnomer since most M.T.'s end up with extreme drinking and extreme pressure to drink, not training at all. Not really a scenario I would normally willingly sign up for, but I felt like this may be a chance to go out of my comfort zone and still maintain my boundaries. :) After meeting the Koreans in my group I think I'll be fine, they all seem pretty chill. And if all fails, I'm bringing a book. Drinking to get drunk is not something that will ever appeal to me...
before leaving for the M.T. some of the group are going to GrandMart to get food for dinner. I am going to push to get as many apples as possible. I haven't had an apple for soooo loooong!!!
Leaving at 12 for Mart, eating lunch together, 2 pm leaving for the countryside, coming back around 1 pm Sunday. If all goes well. Wish me luck!
______________________________________________
Maroon 5's new album, Hands All Over, is pretty good. I still like Songs About Jane the best though.
No comments:
Post a Comment